We recognize that our people drive our business—whether is be drivers or support staff. Employees push our wheels forward!
We will do everything possible to prevent workplace accidents and we are committed to providing a safe working environment for all employees.
Being the most critical resource, employees will be safeguarded through training, provision of appropriate work surroundings, and procedures that foster protection of health and safety. All work conducted by ELS’s employees and drivers will take into account the intent of this philosophy.
No duty, no matter what its perceived result, will be deemed more important than employee health and safety. We value our employees not only as employees but also as human beings critical to the success of their family, the local community, and ELS.
- Employees are encouraged to report any unsafe work practices or safety hazards encountered on the job.
- All accidents/incidents (no matter how slight) are to be immediately reported to the supervisor on duty.
A key factor in implementing this policy will be the strict compliance to all applicable federal, state, local, and Company policies and procedures. Failure to comply with these policies may result in disciplinary actions.
Respecting this, ELS will make every reasonable effort to provide a safe and healthful workplace that is free from any recognized or known potential hazards. Additionally, ELS subscribes to these principles:
- All accidents are preventable through implementation of effective Safety and Health Control policies and programs.
- Safety and Health controls are a major part of our work every day.
- Accident prevention is good business. It minimizes human suffering, promotes better working conditions for everyone, holds ELS, LLC in higher regard with customers, and increases productivity. This is why ELS, LLC will comply with all safety and health regulations which apply to the course and scope of operations.
- Management is responsible for providing the safest possible workplace for Employees. Consequently, management of ELS, LLC is committed to allocating and providing all of the resources needed to promote and effectively implement this safety policy.
- Employees are responsible for following safe work practices and company rules, and for preventing accidents and injuries. Management will establish lines of communication to solicit and receive comments, information, suggestions and assistance from employees where safety and health are concerned.
- Management and supervisors of ELS, LLC will set an exemplary example with good attitudes and strong commitment to safety and health in the workplace. Toward this end, Management must monitor company safety and health performance, working environment and conditions to ensure that program objectives are achieved.
- Our safety program applies to all employees and persons affected or associated in any way by the scope of this business. Everyone’s goal must be to constantly improve safety awareness and to prevent accidents and injuries.
Everyone at ELS, LLC must be involved and committed to safety. This must be a team effort. Together, we can prevent accidents and injuries. Together, we can keep each other safe and healthy in the work that provides our livelihood.